Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Advanced Diploma, I see you.

Plans DO CHANGE and freaked the shit outa me.I received UTAR's offer letter this morning and it says:

YEAR 1 SEM 2
PERAK CAMPUS
COMMENCEMENT OF CLASS:26th MAY 2008

Well, through a seriously frustrating ordeal dealing with UTAR's management, I think I have had enough. Since the confusion of building a new campus in Kampar, there was never a standard answer, credible and sufficient information regarding the May intake yada yada..

It is partly my fault for taking it for granted, I got too comfortable, i "thought" my application to exempt, to jump to 2nd year of Degree would work just like how any of the seniors did it, well, more to like..just like how "they" (the so-called people in-charge reassured me again and again).

But it's not like I never cared for my education. This is MY future. Should it be applying for loan or not, I carry the responsibilities to everything that I do right now. I consistently met up with personnels from UTAR, asked them almost the same Qs again and again on the phone, face to face..and they made me so confident with the high probability of entering their PJ campus. I admit being annoying, for following up too much with them.

WHAT PISSES ME OFF:
1)THEY TOLD ME IF MY CURRENT (up to 5th sem) RESULTS IS CONSIDERABLY GOOD (means cgpa 2.2 above) I WILL GET INTO PJ CAMPUS (2nd year degree). but nope, even my current 3.149 didn't put me through.

2)THEY TOLD ME, IF I SENT IN TARC'S SYLLABUS, THEY WOULD COMPARE IT (most of the subject codes appear to be same to me) AND I HAVE A VERY HIGH POSSIBILITY TO PURSUE MY DEGREE (they said sending in the syllabus is for procedure sake, for the Dean's reference)

3)THEY KEPT TELLING ME THAT IF I FULFILL THOSE TWO (no. 1 & 2) I WILL MOST PROBABLY GET INTO PJ CAMPUS (which i've been prepared for and never bothered to look into other colleges/unis)

4)THEIR OFFER LETTER IS DATED 15th MAY AND THEIR ORIENTATION STARTS ON THE 22nd AND IT'S IN KAMPAR?(how to make arrangements in a short notice?)

5)THERE IS NO PR COURSE OFFERED IN PJ CAMPUS AND I MUST START FROM FIRST YEAR.

6)OH YA, I MUST ENROLL AND PASS 3 UNITS AS WELL TO FIT INTO THE UNIVERSITY.
Pengajian Malaysia, Introduction to Chinese Language, Interpersonal Communication. I don't think I'm keen.

THEIR REASONS:
1)IT IS CASE-TO-CASE, IT DEPENDS ON MY RESULTS (i proved to them my accumulated results is not that bad) ok...then they said..

2)IT IS *STILL* CASE-TO-CASE, IT DEPENDS ON TARC'S SYLLABUS, THEY HAVE CHECKED AND IT HAS TO BE AT LEAST 80% COMPATIBLE, BUT IT IS NOT!-so they say! (I was like, why not...almost everything is same?and how seniors did it?)ok....then they said...

3)YOUR BATCH HAS MADE A FEW CHANGES TO THE SYLLABUS SO IT'S NOT "THAT" SAME WITH UTAR, SO YOU HAVE TO START FROM FIRST YEAR. (what changes woh...additional Tamadun Islam dan Asia?)

4)WE'RE MOVING OUT PHASE BY PHASE TO THE NEW CAMPUS. SOON, PJ CAMPUS WONT BE OPERATING ANYMORE.

5)YOU SHOULD GO TO UTAR KAMPAR, THEY HAVE NICE SCENERY THERE.

...and then I walked away.

I will not take 5 years to obtain my Degree.

I will *ONLY* take 4 years or less to obtain my Degree.

Do or die now.

My only option, sadly...

I'm staying in TAR College for Advanced Diploma and then I'd fly to UK (another headache) to get my Degree, by hook or crook, but I believe I can do this!

shit....29th May truth to be told, that same thing i dream about every nite, final results, to determine my graduation, my convocation..sigh...PLS GIVE ME A FREAKING 50/100 for Public & Media Relations paper..I don't mind...I just want to pass it. Pleaseeeee!

p/s: I am truly sorry to my coursemates who have consulted me and I have given them the same false hope I had. I am sorry for the wrong information, I also just found out today. I am very very sorry. There is no way to appeal, the only option UTAR is giving us, is what they state on the offer letter. The invitation to a waste of extra One year, a waste of extra money.

No comments: