Monday, January 18, 2010

What are your values?

I went for a job interview today! Office looks great and the people are very friendly :D Big thanks to Amanda for fitting me in, helping me out. To be honest, no matter how much you guys would disagree with me I'd say that I wasn't at my best at all during the interview. I could have done so much better. I have been a gazillion times better actually. I don't know what's wrong with me but I used to handle chronic sleep loss very well. Not anymore. I took a cab for RM20 something something and slept off througout the journey, I don't have much make up on, I didn't smoothen my hair out, I even have many mistakes in my updated printed CV and guess what? I didn't shake the interviewer's hand. WTF. It's not that I don't know these things. I just somehow didn't do it.

But?

They like me, they are impressed. I'm sorry, but I don't know why. But they are really nice people. very sweet ladies.

I hope to at least work here before the two week intensive session starts in March. some money for the Europe trip. hope to work something out and we'll see how.

Thank you Gadiy, Shah and DJ for the meaningful lunch time. Banana leaf rice again! What?! What lah dei this Sri Paandi restaurant. everything very bitter lah the meal yuck. I didn't like the food, but I enjoyed the company :) Let's sing together "we're all in this together" haha OONite reminiscence. note that: my face is out of alignment when I receive not enough sleep.



After meeting yet another lady boss, listening to her, after chatting with the guys over lunch, after being all by myself at (you guess yourself lah)...

everyone's values are so different. some people think I should not work part time and another internship is what I need to contribute to a company; some people think I should focus on my studies, intensive sessions before UK, some people find working filling up the time makes it more meaningful; some people are able to perform at anytime of the day, some people (LIKE ME) need to find the specific mood and ambiance to produce good work.

Like we learn in moral, there is no right or wrong, also in Psychology. some say it is right you steal the drug to save your wife's life some say it's immoral to go against the law -stealing. Life is so subjective my friends, everyone will always want to hear what they wanna hear, think they are right and find it hard to accept that they can be wrong sometimes.

My values can be a lil bit surreal but it helps me through. Once I wished that everyone had the same values towards everything so we achieve peace. I have learnt. That is impossible. Because if values were to mean the same and weighed the exact same importance for everyone, then there will be many me(s) and you(s) and that is very freaky.

What are my values : Overly ambitious, People relations, Going the extra mile, Working hard, Playing hard and recording every single moment of it.

Cheers, hope your Monday wasn't so blue lah.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the currylicious lunch woman! (:

Hope you'll enjoy the movie yah. heheh. catch u soon! hugs.