Friday, January 8, 2010

Thanks for the memories, TAR College <3 (2006-2010)

TAR COLLEGE, IT'S WHERE I HAVE ESTABLISHED GREAT CONNECTIONS AND WILD STEPPING STONES OF MY LIST OF FAVOURITE TIHNGS TO DO. THANK YOU!

Disclaimer (cheh wah): I'm not going to thank one by one, the wonderful lecturers and friends from this college I love very much because you already know who you are (can't you tell by the many times I verbally and physically appreciate you?) and you will be constantly mentioned anyway.This post, is very the condensed because I have no enough sleep but am sincere in writing this one. Enjoy!

*** edited because MARCUS ANTHONY KHOO refused to read disclaimer***

This is for times the you were there for me both in the campus and in our neighbourhood. Photo taken right before you left, we looked very young but definitely look better now as we age gracefully. I am so tired my eyes can't open. wtf is wrong with our hair! we look very cool now. Be very touched! zzzzzzzz

It's like the whole world (FB) knows today is my last day of college because my mates can't stop emoing over it on their status, you've guessed the theme of this entry! It's ritual, it's a must, to write about the journey. I loved college life but not as much as I enjoyed primary and high school! -that one got more memories lah.

This will be quite a ridiculous long post so pls grab your favourite snack! :)

I am happy to announce that I have successfully struggled through hurdles of a college life in Tunku Abdul Rahman College, Setapak KL Main Campus, never went on a street fight, never went on a protest, be barred, blacklisted or suspended or expelled. Frankly, failing only two papers in four years : Media and Advertising and Tamadun Islam dan Asia. It sure is the attitude problem and not to say intellectually challenged. I went for a 'resit' and scored A for both. Right back at ya, bad Cherry! Told you it was just bad attitude :) I am a good student aaww :) <3

I suspected TAR College was going to be my future at the very initial stage of SPM because my elder than me (5yrs gap) sister went the same route. No joke. Same kindy, primary, high school and even college. But I stayed longer, she had the chance to go to UTAR, PJ but not me. UTAR, PJ required me an extra year of learning chinese because i am so banana all back in Kampar where I know I will die of boredom and too much water and nature. I want pollution! I want the gold rush of KL. My choice extended to Advanced Diploma and eventually by this May, to Liverpool, UK. Thank you God for bringing me this far.

I have said this and I will say this again. I went to TAR College with no friends. Considering the majority command of Mandarin in a huge campus, knew I was going to have some problems. But the immediate sense of belonging, thanks to Samson, my brother (eh you all still believe the story ah? Ok ah year 2010, samson is NOT my brother k? haha!). Samson introduced this college life to me, I felt very welcomed, very Indian and very very homely. The Open Day personal tour, guide to survival (guide to fame), how-tos, all also he teach me :) Appreciate the good times, the canteen 2 meeting place and the 'rat holes' whatnot.

Samson's words: "Every company needs a PR"

after SPM, we were working at this awesome place where you "have ur ways of working" hehehe. and he was already teaching me what to expect in TARC.

I am only so thankful I purposely took a photo of MY FIRST DAY OF COLLEGE. Right after people think they like me and voted me as the course rep, I met up with my girls (notice leddy is in STPM in VI, Suwen was already in MMU Malacca), we were like...updating each other! getting excited!

my first event, newbie weh, given a chance to be an emcee, I am honoured. Spot BOPET AND LOL! HAHAHAHA!

my Diploma classmates Hema, Gary, moi, Pinky, Emilio, Tasya, we're still really awesome together, closest with Emilio today. Peranakan style! - Emily of Emerald Hill play.

This statement will never change : ENGLISH FESTIVAL NIGHT '06 THE BEST EVENT WE HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED! cheers!

worked really hard for Oceanic Orientation Odyssey Nite (OONite) '07. worked even harder than i can today. partial newbie but an External ViceChairperson is the Jack of All Trades, and Victim of All Bullies ok.

Encore Night '07 with my Indian brother and Malay brother. 1Malaysia yo.

We were involved in the Student Welfare Committee (SWC). This is an ice breaking session with juniors the future leaders cheh wah. Best of all, we have our own SWC office and we do WHATEVER WE LIKE there. awesome.

Health Campaign '07 under supervision of very fierce Ms. Yesu (she's actually really sweet), it's the training you need that's all haha.

Tak cukup manpower but we managed to organise a DPR2 (The end of Diploma in PR Year 2) Pillow Talk Farewell Party and I think it is an undeniable success.

as we became older, we were visiting/supporting Junior's events and campaigns instead. As patriotic as I can be, just by being Chellamma, I won RM300, thank you Faces of Malaysia! I went Malacca to eat, drink, party with that money haha, thanks!

Best room mate -here comes Advanced Diploma Year One. Alvin, thank you for you have taken care of me very well.

The TRULY LOVING CAMPAIGN '08 -APR1 Events Management. The name itself too full of love weh.

NASAM fun in the Park! -Charitable Cause a continuation with Truly Loving Company! It was my 20th bday! :D

championing Pidato '08, don't mess with the chinese yet indian at heart girl.

Sabina owned it! Finalist of Public Speaking '08 which is the English version of Pidato one week later, confused the VIPs, they thought we are either the same person/sisters. I must have BM-ed too much I ended up looking very Malay at some point. again-1Malaysia.

Best room mate Part Two -here comes Advanced Diploma Year Two. Not only Mimi the cat, but in KengLi's awesome house. Thank you for the great hospitality.

The Recent PR Campaign Planning and Management, SSH 10th Anniversary Celebration.



TODAY
I love gifts, the smaller the better.

APR2 & AMS2 sexy course reps ;)

random sarcasm I JUST FOUND OUT!

You see, life as it moves, it has to end somewhere. I have gone this far and never regretted a second. Got lah, of cos very regretful of how many homeworks I've not done and talked my way out of it. But aiya the exception is acceptable lah k. I know the lecturers know I am very lazy academically and only am more enthusiastic about hands-on campaigns and events. They quite accommodate to that. To redeem myself *reminds self to answer forums on CeL later* blargh eeeww haha.

I don't know how I sustained to be the course rep for whole four years, people are probably too used to me, as if it's even Ok that I slack once in a while (or most of the time?) Selamba sudah. Thanks for the faith and trust y'all.

I was very comfortable in the campus. As AvatarCliche-ed as this may sound like, it's like I have a connection with the nature, building, people, whole ecosystem of TARCollege and there is a weird sense of peace everytime I am in this college. I can wear shorts, slippers, persuade the security guard, I take my time to stone in some fav spots, my point is, it feels like home. I behave like I am at home. And I'm going to miss it. Quite badly.

The people. The lecturers and students in TARC are very cool. They are so awesome even better off to befriend them as compared to those English speaking ones. At some point I have stopped thinking that I am outcast because I don't speak Mandarin. There are so many people like me here. I am so comfortable I even take them for granted, knowing I won't lose them. That's why I went astray a lil during my final year, I have some other commitments outside, no time lah sorry ah.

I have done many evil things in this college too, and the college has punished me, it has also forgiven me.

Ah well, at least most of us are meeting in LJMU.

WHAT'S NEXT?

Pls live with it when I tell you I do love going to the library, borrowing books. I scanned through the shelves thinking to myself eh why ar the books so familiar. The fact is, I have read most of them before. Since Diploma I have read many books and great how it never feels/looks like I love reading right? haha.

I love when my mind travels. Reading is my new high.

This is just a small perimeter of my room. I am currently comfortably working in a coordinated chaos, baby! ok lah fine, I'll find time to kiuk-kiuk (kemas-kemas in Hokkien)

AS MINOR as it looks, this is phase one, ladies and gentlemen, moments after it happened.
Phase two three includes pus making them big pools of wet wounds so wet when a bug (with legs) literally landed on my knees it couldn't fly away, ouch! ouch for the bug and i! i quite refuse to show you phase two three cos it is very very unpleasant and you'd probably not wana come back to my blog, trust me on that!

With much regrets, due to what looks like a small matter but indeed a painful sensation against any sort of friction....

I had to FORGO agendas I WAS WANTING TO GO SO BAD :'(

Dragon Head Back to Work Celebration, Emilio's Zouk Night Out with Fleishman colleagues, Tomorrow's gay club revival I MISS OH SO MUCH, Laveena's Ice Skating idea Sunday, sorry I have failed you :'( maybe next time.

Thank you for temaning me down memory lane, friends who care about my blog.

Not your college girl no more. front this point. laaaaa feel so old. kthxbye!

HOWEVER.....

I will still go back to college A LOT, to submit my finalised thesis, to pay printing supplier, to follow up with some work, to get past year Qs, to study, to return books to the library, to hope that I still have the chance to have breakfast with Mr. Lee.....that's more like to-dos sorry...

I WILL BE BACK TO COLLEGE because....

I still have my final exams,

I still have all UK related classes/briefing to attend,

I still have my Karate training (Ok, secret is OUT) -I'm training Shorin Ryu now, Hayashi friends pls don't hate/judge!

I still want to look for my lecturers, juniors, friends, to lepak,

last but not least....

I am the SSH Alumni AJK (AhliJawatanKuasa) generasi paling muda.

least importantly....

I want MALI CORNER NASI LEMAK, KUEY TEOW BASAH; FOON LOK CHAM PING and many others.

Lots more ahead of us! So don't be too sad, folks!

2 comments:

Emilio said...

Wootoo (its my version of WootWoot) Haha...

Cherry KSL said...

:) thanks for dropping by! i must be still editing when u were reading!